Welcome to Sacred Heart Preschool
We believe that we have a responsibility to provide the best educational program for your children
We believe that each child should have a successful experience in preschool, that children should learn at their own pace, and be encouraged at all times. They should be in a developmental environment with appropriate curriculum for their ages.
We believe they should be exposed to large and small motor, cognitive, social, emotional, Christian and intellectual skills. Teachers work in a partnership with parents to provide experiences that meet a child’s needs, build self-esteem, and stimulate learning.
We believe preschool should have a qualified staff, in a loving and safe environment for the children. your child’s experience at preschool should provide a taste of excitement, and joy of learning. We want the children to leave preschool with pride in the work that they accomplish, and a respect, not only for themselves, but others, as well providing a loving and supportive environment.
Sacred Heart Preschool Director and Staff
Toys are not allowed at school. The only exception to this rule is when a child is selected to participate in share day with their class.
To ensure children are comfortable please make sure children are wearing roomy, washable play clothes that are best suited for school and the weather. For safety reasons, flip flops or shoes with no straps and cowboy boots are NOT allowed. Parents are advised to label any items of clothing that might be misplaced. Examples jacket, sweater, gloves, and or any items of clothing that can be removed by your child. Please send an extra set of clothes for your child in a Ziploc baggie, to be left at school in case of spills, etc.
Discipline Policy A redirection system is used whenever a child fails to follow school rules. This entails redirecting the child from the inappropriate behavior to the appropriate behavior. If this approach fails, We will then use a time-out system. During time-out, he/she will be able to listen to the activity but not allowed to participate. If a child continues to misbehave, he/ she will be sent to the Director. On the third offense, the Director and parent(s) will meet to discuss a further behavioral plan.
We at S.H.P.S. celebrate students’ birthdays with a “Birthday Book.” If a parent chooses, you may donate a birthday book to our library with your child’s name, birthday, and his or her picture on the inside cover. The book is read to the class on the child’s birthday, your child will feel a great sense of pride every time his/her book is read.
Birthdays are a special time Parents are encouraged to suppl the birthday book for each classroom library. And staff GM supply the birthday treats that are able to be enjoyed by ALL CHILDREN. (Due to food allergies parents are not permitted to bring any treats for students. Staff will find suitable treats for all children to enjoy)
Requirements Children must be between two years (and potty trained) and six years of age to enter Sacred Heart Preschool. All state forms must filled out and turned in prior to start date.
The Director may recommend the transfer of a student when:
- The safety and security of the children and staff in our program is compromised by the student’s attendance.
- The needs of the student cannot be met by our program and/or the student will not benefit from continued attendance in our program.
- The responsible party has failed to meet the financial obligations of our program which he or she accepted upon enrolling his/her child into our program.
- A parent or guardian has been uncooperative with the preschool’s staff, program policies, procedures, or state regulations.
Whenever possible, two weeks advance notice shall be given to the family who is being asked to transfer from our program. Please notify the Director by letter two weeks in advance if your child will be transferring from our school.
Tuition fee is set on an annual basis from August 1st through May 1st. Tuition is due on the 1st of the month. Families with more than one child enrolled at Sacred Heart Preschool will receive a ten percent discount off whichever child’s tuition is less. A two-week notice of departure is required; otherwise you will be charged for the whose month. If your child will not be attending school in August, you will need to notify the preschool two weeks before the August 1st payment is due; otherwise, you will owe the August payment.
If payment is not received by the 10th of the month, a $25.00 late fee will be charged to your account. If tuition is not received by the 25th of the month, the child’s enrollment at S.H.P.S. will be in jeopardy. Following are the steps taken by S.H.P.S. when tuition is late:
If tuition is 10 days late, the responsible party will receive a verbal request for payment by the school bookkeeper
If tuition is 15 days late, the responsible :You will receive a written request for payment from the school bookkeeper.
If tuition is 25 days late, the child or children will not longer be allowed to attend S.H.P.S. The bill will be turned over to collection.
- When dropping off you child, you must SIGN IN and OUT each day with full signature and time. Each offense is a $50.00 fine. Citations are issued due to no signature/time and parents will be charged the $250.00 fine, and will jeopardize child’s spot. Any person picking or dropping off your child must be at least 18 years and older and listed on the release form which is kept in your child’s file. A form of ID is required
- We ask that you bring an extra set of clothing in a zip-loc bag to be kept at school. This is in case of a toileting accident, or in the event of an unusually messy art activity. Even when the children wear a smock, their little hands sometimes manage to touch their clothes. If accidents : then the child is not fully potty trained, and will have to be removed from our program.
- Full time children (nappers) need to a small blanket and pillow (to be left at the preschool) for their nap. Storage space for this is limited so please refrain from sending large blankets and pillows. We will send the blankets and pillows home every two weeks to be washed and returned.
- If medicine is to be administered to a child, a “Medicine Consent” form must be completed by the child’s guardian/ Physician. If this form is not completed, then medicine will not be able to be dispensed. It is also the guardian’s responsibility to pick up the medication when the child is picked up. Medicine left at the preschool on Friday, or expired medication will be thrown out when the facility closes. Medication must be in the original labeled container with the exact dosage listed. Hours in between dosages and last time medicine was dispensed must be on the “Medicine Consent” form.
- If your child becomes sick, it is parent(s) responsibility to pick her/him up as soon as possible. If you make arrangements to have her/him picked up by someone other than yourself, they must be listed on the emergency card. If they are not listed, the child will not be released unless other arrangements have been made by the parent(s). Parent(s) have been provided a copy of the “Reasons to Keep your child Horne from school” guide. Please adhere to these guidelines. S.H.P.S. is mandated to report suspected child abuse and/or neglect. If child abuse or neglect is suspected, it will be referred to the proper agency.
- If any parent is interested in the WIC program, you may get information from S.H.P.S. or call you local WIC program at (209) 558-7377.
- We can do speech, language, vision and hearing screening if recommended.
- Parents are required to read all information provided by preschool.
Morning & Afternoon Schedule
8:00 Free Play (arrival time)
8:45 Breakfast Time
9:15 Calendar/Music Time
10:30 Outside Play
11:10 share/story Time
Noon Dismissal/Lunch Time
12:30 to 1:30 Nap Time
1:30 Free Play
2:30 Snack Time
3:00 Outside Play
S.H.P.S. provides all meals; breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks for the students. The price is included in tuition
Fees & Tuition
Fall registration fee is $75.00, summer registration fee is $25.00. All registration fees are nonrefundable. When you register for Summer program, you are responsible for the full 8 week program and tuition is due June 1st and July 1st.
Full Day Programs
Monday through Friday (7:30a.m. to 6:00p.m.) $5,550 – Payable in 10 monthly payments of $555.00 each month (August-May)
Monday/Wednesday/Friday (7:30a.m. to 6:00p.m.) $3,550 – Payable in 10 monthly payments of $355,00 each month (August-May)
Tuesday/Thursday (7:30a.m. to 6:00p.m.) $2,500 – Payable in 10 monthly payments of $250.00 each month (August-May)
Half Day Programs (including lunch)
Monday through Friday (7:30a.m. to 12:30p.m.) $3,800 – Payable in 10 monthly payments of $380,00 each month (August-May)
Monday/Wednesday/Friday (7:30a.m. to 12:30p.m.) $2,600Payable in 10 monthly payments of $260.00 each month (August-May)
Tuesday/Thursday (7:30a.m. to 12:30p.m. $2,000 – Payable in 10 monthly payments of $200.00 each month (August-May)
Half Day Programs (no lunch)
Monday through Friday (8:00a.m. to Noon) $3,250 – Payable in 10 monthly payments of $325.00 each month (August-May)
Monday/Wednesday/Friday (8:00a.m. to Noon) $2,050 – Payable in 10 monthly payments of $205,00 each month (August-May)
Tuesday/Thursday (8:00a.m. to Noon) $1,550 – Payable in 10 monthly payments of $155.00 each month (August-May)
It is important when working with young children to develop in each child a positive self-image and a positive attitude toward learning. The activities offered each day are designed to expand the child’s understanding, increase manipulative skills, and stimulate creative potential. To develop a healthy child, many factors must be considered.
The following are some guide lines we follow to help us reach these goals.
- Provide an atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Use only positive reinforcement and immediate feedback.
- The process is more important than the end product.
- Never compare children to their work.
- Always allow children to help prepare and clean up.
- Place activities at the children’s level.
- Teach proper use and care of materials
- Teach with enthusiasm .
- Always remember, each child is a real “little” person.
- Always respect and value children and their ideas.
- We have graduation for children going on to Kindergarten. T-k is not considered kindergarten therefore the child going on to T-k will receive certificate of completion, but will not be able to participate in the graduation activities. (Ex. Fashion show, portfolios, and full graduation ceremony.)
When your Child Should Not Come to S.H.P.S.
Sometimes you may be uncertain as to whether your child will endanger himself/herself or others by going to school. Children should NOT come to S.H.P.S. if she/he has:
- A cold that is less than 3 days old.
- A sore throat or earache.
- Swollen neck glands.
- A “runny” nose (other than allergy.)
- A fewer above 100.O.
- An unexpected rash or any skin eruption.
- Acts drowsy, has a headache, flushed face and/or a lack of appetite.
- Has been nauseous or has vomited 48 hours prior to the start of school.
- Has or suspected of having head lice.
- Persistent cough that disrupts their daily activities.
- Has or suspected of having pink eye.
Arrival & Departure Time
Consistent habits of arriving and departing at the scheduled time will help your child to build confidence and security. Children may not be dropped off at any time. Children must arrive and depart at S.H.P.S. near their scheduled arrival and departure time. In case of an emergency please contact the preschool. Make sure your early or late arrival has been approved by the Director. Early and late arrivals could be charged additional fees. Early and late arrivals will be documented and if it deemed excessive, will jeopardize your child’s enrollment at S.H.P.S. S.H.P.S. is state licensed between the hours of 7:30-6pm. Children will not be allowed to enter the preschool before 7:30am. If a child is not picked up by his/her departure time (noon, 12:30pm or 6:00pm, whichever applies) you will be charged $10.00 for every 5 minutes you are late. Any reoccurring problems will result in a child will be dropped from the program.
Parent Participation and Observation
All observant and/or classroom participants must pay to be fingerprinted before observing class. If at any time you would like to observe at S.H.P.S. and/or participate in classroom activities, please contact the Director for any additional information.
Observed Holidays and Vacation Days
S.H.P.S. will be closed during the following holidays and vacation days.:
July 4th: Independence Day
September 2nd: Mandatory Teacher. In Service
September 5th: Labor Day
November 11th; Veteran’s Day
November 23-25: Thanksgiving Vacation
December 19th-January 2nd; Christmas Vacation
January 16th; Martin Luther King Day
February 17th & 20th; President’s Day
April 14th: Good Friday
April 14th-21st; Easter Break
May 29th: Memorial Day
June 1st & 2nd: Graduation
June 5th-9th: Summer Vacation
Other Important Dates:
June 13, 2016-First Day of Summer School
August 5, 2016-Last Day of Summer School
August 15, 2016-First Day of School
November 21 & 22 2016; Thanksgiving Feast Days
April 1, 2017: Fashion Show & Tea (Date subject to change)
April 10, 2017 New Parent Registration
June 2, 2017-Last Day of School
June 12, 2017. Summer School begins
Each child graduating from S.H.P.S. receives a special, personalized portfolio which commemorates their time with us here at preschool. These portfolios are filled with pictures which become treasured memories and reminders of how much your child has grown while they were our students. Pictures of your child will be taken by their teachers during class time and our many fun activities. Many of these pictures may be posted on our preschool website or our preschool Facebook page. If you do not wish to have your child’s picture included on our webpage or social media, please inform Miss Debbie or Miss Simone as soon as possible.
Sacred Heart Preschool website and Facebook page
S.H.P.S. now has a website and a Facebook page. Both sites are updated regularly with pictures, stories, and parent information to help keep you up to date on what is happening here at school. Please visit our website: sacredheartturlock.org/preschool-home and “like” Sacred Heart Preschool on Facebook.